Monday, March 10, 2008
March 10th Mock
Mocking it on up in the next to last month before Christmas Day.
1. Miami Dolphins- Matt Ryan QB BC
The #1 draft commandment is that if you don't have a franchise QB, you must take one. Parcells has shown he isn't afraid to do so when he took Drew Bledsoe. Matt Ryan is the best QB in this class and his untangibles are exactly what that franchise needs. Matty Ice #1 to the tuna.
2. St. Louis Rams- Jake Long OT Michigan
In desperate need of an offensive tackle, one of the best in college football falls in their laps. Orlando Pace is done and Long and Barron will man the lines for years to come.
3.* Atlanta Falcons- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU
Originally I had this pick as McFadden but with the signing of Michael Turner no more of Home Depot's money will go in that position. Rod Coleman was cut during the season last year and things haven't been the same since.
4.** Oakland Raiders- Sedrick Ellis DT USC
Warren Sapp is gone. But Al Davis is also known to pull picks out of left field so never rule out McFadden.
5.** Kansas City Chiefs- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh
Willie Sheilds has to be replaced and Otah is in the same mauler mold as him.
6. New York Jets- Chris Long DE/OLB UVA
Sadly the fans will still complain because this year they want Gholston.
7. New England Patriots (from San Francisco 49ers)- Vernon Gholston OLB OSU
They need to get younger at LB badly and as far as I know Rosevelt Colvin is still on the free matket. The evil genius gets to add the physical freak Gholston to his LB Corps.
8. Baltimore Ravens- Ryan Clady OT Boise State
Jonathan Ogden is old and his heart isn't even in it anymore. Clady is a talented quick footed lineman.
9. Cincinnati Bengals- Keith Rivers LB USC
There could be an incredible reach for Balmer here and I wouldn't even be surprised. Granted, they need a defensive difference maker in the worst way and Rivers doesn't have a police record like the runner from Arkansas they will look at here.
10. New Orleans Saints- Leodis McKlevin CB Troy
The #1 rated CB on the board gets to replace Jason David. Don't rule out Rogers-Cromartie here either as they are 1 and 1a as far as corners go.
11. Buffalo Bills- Limas Sweed WR Texas
A good combine showing gets Sweed back up the board. As I said in my breakdown of him, 20 tds is something you cannot pass on. He is the next Plaxico Burress.
12. Denver Broncos- Darren McFadden RB Arkansas
McFadden's slide stops when the mastermind snatches him up like the last Nintendo Wii at Toys R Us. He has a few character concerns but Denver is sure that he is an upgrade over Henry and go BPA after seeing their guy Clady come off the board so early.
13. Carolina Panthers- Kenny Phillips S The U
Safety M. Manuel is now a Bronco and this pick becomes more and more evident.
14. Chicago Bears- Malcom Kelly WR Oklahoma
Moose and Bernard 'BIG MONEY' Berrian are now wearing different jerseys, therefore this pick is much needed.
15. Detroit Lions- Chris Williams OT
Foster proved to be a waste of space in Denver and Detroit.
16. Arizona Cardinals- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon
Edge... lost his... Edge.
17. Minnesota Vikings- Derrick Harvey DE Fla
One of their DE's sucks, the other has cancer (get well soon). Time for a upgrade!
18. Houston Texans- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois
Ron Dayne nor Darius Walker is the answer for Kubiak in Houston. Mendenhall hopes to be that man.
19. Philadelphia Eagles- Mario Manningham WR Michigan
I know his combine wasn't the greatest but his game film shows much better. I believe if he does not go here, he will be having a locker next to Terrell Owens next year.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Mike Jenkins CB USF
Kelly left in FA and there will be more QBs for Gruden to draft later on.
21. Washington Redskins- Philip Merling DE Clemson
The need at DE is huge and Merling is a huge DE. Match made in heaven.
22. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland Browns)- Desean Jackson WR Cal
TO and Glenn are getting older and Jackson is in the same mold as Glenn and Crayton. He also bolsters the return game.
23. Pittsburgh Steelers- Brandon Alberts OG UVA
Faneca is a Jet so there is a need at guard.
24. Tennessee Titans- Early Doucet WR LSU
Vince needs weapons!
25. Seattle Seahawks- Felix Jones RB Arkansas
Won't be around in round 2 so they have to enact a reach. Don't rule out Chris Johnson sneaking in the first round here.
26. Jacksonville Jaguars- Calais Campbell DE Miami
After trading Stroud they will look to add more quality youth to the d-line.
27. San Diego Chargers- Reggie Smith SS
Can play corner or safety just like Weddle but his services are needed to take over for McCree who is now in Denver.
28. Dallas Cowboys- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Tennessee St.
Coming from a small school may hurt him, but he won't fall out of round one. His first round spot was cemented in the Senior Bowl game and I doubt he lasts until Dallas' first pick so they are extremely lucky to add him in this scenario.
29. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis Colts)- James Hardy WR Indiana
They can't afford more first round money at QB so expect Alex Smith's competition in the form of a Erik Ainge or Jon David Booty in round 3. Trading their original first hurt them but they can still add a WR at this spot.
30. Green Bay Packers- Aqib Talib CB Kansas
Woodson is not getting any younger. Neither is Al Harris.
31. New England Patriots - Forfeited as penalty for cheating
32. New York Giants- Dan Connor LB PSU
Kawika Mitchell got snatched up in free agency so a replacement is in order. The Mathias Kwinauka experiment isn't going as planned either, so they take the best LB available in Connor.