Wednesday, February 27, 2013
1. Chiefs: Luke Joeckel OT Texas AM
The Chiefs have traded for Alex Smith so this one is set in stone. Joeckel is the latest OL to go #1 overall.
2. Jaguars: Dion Jordan DE Oregon
Dion Jordan is gaining traction fast. Probably the best pure athlete in the class and a good pass rusher. Put that together and you got magic.
3. Raiders: Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
Sharrif has come on strong lately. He was demolishing the drills at the combine while Star Lotuleli was on the sidelines with medical issues. Thus, he moves up.
4. Eagles: Demarcus Milliner CB Alabama
Milliner had his own medical issues but still shut down the combine. Nnamdi Asomugha's replacement.
5. Lions: Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
Lions released Vandenbosh and need a replacement. Is it Werner? Could be.
6. Browns: Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU
Fits in well with what they want to do in the 3-4. Phil Taylor clogging up the middle will give him room to operate.
7. Cardinals: Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
Kolb is supposed to be restructuring his contract so Fisher is the guy we are looking at here. Young OT to stabilize the line.
8. Bills: Geno Smith QB West Virginia
Geno is the man who helped himself the most of the quarterbacks in the combine. All of the previous 2013 mock drafts had him going top 10 now it is no question. Bills finally put Fitzpatrick on the bench.
9. Jets: Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
Ansah had a monster Senior bowl and is a solid top 15 pick. Jets would love a QB but will have to look a little bit later in the draft. Mike Glennon?
10. Titans: Chance Warmack OG Alabama
Titans need to provide Chris Johnson some running lanes. Warmack to the rescue?
11. Chargers: Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
It's time to rebuild and the best way to start a mini-rebuild is at left tackle.
12. Dolphins: Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
The best receiver in the draft class, well at least on paper, goes to the Fins. They still need another WR.
13. Buccaneers: Desmond Trufant CB Washington
Shooting up the boards fast.
14. Panthers: Star Lotulelei DT Utah
Falls due to medical condition but he is still top 15-type talent.
15. Saints: Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia
Also falls due to his medical issue but the Saints can't be luckier. Possibly the next Von Miller.
16. Rams: Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
Rams have needed linemen for years.
17. Steelers: Damontre Moore DE Texas AM
Falls because of a crappy combine but Steelers plug him into a first class organization.
18. Cowboys: Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
Sensebaugh is good, but talent can be upgraded.
19. Giants: Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia
The Giants are in a cap crunch, so Chase Blackburn might not be back.
20. Bears: Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Jay Cutler needs a big TE to throw to over the middle.
21. Bengals: Sam Montgomery DE LSU
Michael Johnson is going to leave in free agency.
22. Rams: Keenan Allen WR California
Brian Quick wasn't active much so maybe they aren't sold on him.
23. Vikings: Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
The new Percy Harvin?
24. Colts: Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
The 3-4 needs players.
25. Seahawks: Kawann Short DT Purdue
Possibly converts to DE full time.
26. Packers: Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
You have to stop re-signing Ryan Grant every time you are in a jam and develop someone.
27. Texans: Kevin Minter ILB LSU
Brian Cushing tore his ACL, Minter will help ease him back.
28. Broncos: Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
I think Champ is still a top corner, but he is 34.
29. Patriots: Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
Brandon Lloyd will not be back.
30. Falcons: Matt Elam S Florida
William Moore is getting franchsied.
31. 49ers: Alex Okafor DE Texas
Need someone to take over for Justin Smith when he retires.
32. Ravens: Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame
Not the fastest LB in the draft, but nor was Ray Lewis and they won the Super Bowl.
photo credit: Hoosierguy Jeff via photopin cc