Yet, another installment... enjoy...
I used to “not be sold” on Greg Oden. Well… those days are GONE. On and off the court… he’s coming FOR THAT NUMBER ONE SPOT!!!
2. Seattle- KEVIN DURANT PG/SG/SF/PF/C
In a draft where you just can’t lose in the top 2…
3. Atlanta- AL HORFORD PF/C
BPA… So what If they have 9 other Forwards on their roster.
4. Memphis- MIKE CONLEY JR. PG
5. Boston- YI JIANILAN PF
Great PR move for an awful team. Trade the farm for Kobe Bryant, pre-draft, or get a bargain in Paul Pierce before the trade deadline?
6. Milwaukee- JEFF GREEN F
He does everything well, already… and to think…
No offense. Plenty of defense. No ego. The anti-Ricky Davis.
8. Charlotte- BRANDaN WRIGHT PF UNIVERISTY OF
He can step in those 44 games Emeka Okafur misses… plus it’s the homer pick. His familiarity will mask his lack of offensive arsenal, until his game develops.
9. Chicago- SPENCER HAWES C
Fans claim to be a post presence away from the Finals? We’ll see.
He’ll bring… offense? No. Defense… Eh… not really, but he’ll bring plenty of energy to a re-building franchise.
11. Atlanta- ACIE LAW IV PG
Trust me… passing on Conley wasn’t a bad move. Law will lead this team to the playoffs… IN 07-08. Write it down. Quote it. Tattoo it on your arm.
12. Philadelphia- AL THORNTON F
He’ll bring maturity, poise and athleticism. Their young core is shaping up well.
13. New Orleans- NICK YOUNG SG UNIVERISTY OF
If Mohawks are going to be in style… it’ll be in
14. LA Clippers- JAVARIS CRITTENTON PG
Sometimes… you have to draft for need and not potential. The Clippers need to win games, before Elton Brand can opt out next season. Crittenton can help.
15. Detroit- THADDEUS YOUNG G/F
16. Washington - DERRICK BYARS SG VANDERBILT
He’s ready to contribute right away. Sadly, this rookie will immediately become their best perimeter defender from the day he signs a contract.
17. New Jersey- JULIAN WRIGHT F
Remember when the Wizards passed on PG Marcus Williams, and the Nets struck gold when they selected him? DeJa Vu? I think so…
18. Golden State- RODNEY STUCKEY G EASTERN WASHINGTON
He is the perfect compliment to Baron Davis.
19. LA Lakers- MORRIS ALMOND SG RICE
He can do it all on the offensive end. After being the go-to guy at Rice, he’ll have to learn to be the 6th option, behind
20. Miami- JASON SMITH PF
They signed Antoine Walker. They have to be interested in this 7 footer, who’s in love with the jump shot.
21. Philadelphia- RUDY FERNANDEZ SG
Tough competitor. Once he adds weight and strength, he’ll be a more than capable back-up SG, behind Andre Iguodala.
22. Charlotte- MARCO BELINELLI SG
Okay, so Michael Jordan couldn’t co-exist with Rip Hamilton in
23. New York- DAEQUAN COOK G
They’ve stated they’ll take a ‘chance’ and someone they can ‘wait a year for’. Cook is talented, but you’ll surely have to wait for him to put it all together.
24. Phoenix- TIAGO SPLITTER C
They can afford to wait a year.
25. Utah- ARRON AFFLALO SG UCLA
Meet the key to playoff success… selfless, consistent players.
26. Houston - JOSH MCROBERTS PF DUKE
Someone will take a chance on him. He’s mildly athletic, but isn’t consistent. He ought to be the straw that breaks T-Mac’s already injury-laden back…
27. Detroit- GABE PRUITT PG UNIVERISTY OF
How long will Lindsey Hunter play?
28. San Antonio- JARED DUDLEY F
Another talented, hard-working player is added to their roster. The rich get richer!!!
29. Phoenix- DEMETRIS NICHOLS SF
Flat-out scorer and the measurable numbers to be a lock down defender at the 2-3… and even 4. He’s a real sleeper.
30. Philadelphia- KYRYLO FESENKO C